Prof. Frank Christ, MD
Managing Partner of MMI
After studying medicine in Germany and Australia, Prof. Christ started his postgraduate training in anaesthesiology in London and completed the fellowship exams at Imperial College, London. Moving to Munich as a Consultant Anaesthesiologist, his particular interest was transplantation and Emergency Medicine. Currently Prof. Christ is heading the Cardiac Anaesthesiology department of the Ludwig Maximilian University of Munich.
He was instrumental in the foundation of the Harvard Munich Alliance for Medical Education and is the Secretary General of this alliance. Prof. Christ participated in management programmes of the Harvard Business School and the Sloane School at MIT, Boston. In conjunction with HMI, he was faculty in various international faculty development programmes, including Tokyo and Zagreb University as well as Dubai Healthcare City.
Following his research interest Prof. Christ has founded two biotechnology companies in the area of microcirculatory patient monitoring.
Management and Consulting Experience
- CEO and majority partner of MMI Munich Medical International GmbH
- CEO of Munich Medical Dubai Center
- Board Member of the Institute of Emergency Medicine and Medical Management (2005-2011)
- Head of the Planning Team for the Harvard Medical School Dubai Center Simulation Center (2007-2010)
- Joint Head of the Entrepreneurship Programme of LMU Munich University
- Head of Management Programme for Hospital Administrators
- Principle consultant of the review of trauma services in the Northern Emirates UAE (2007-2008)
- Consultant for Harvard Medical International
- Planning Curricula reform for various German Medical Schools
- Planning of Curriculum Reform for University of Maribor
- Faculty Development Program for University of Salzburg
- Curricula reform for Croatia and Japan
- International Management Experience in Russia, Croatia, Qatar, Dubai, and Japan (Tokyo Dental and Medical University), and several projects in the UAE
- Founder of Biotech and IT companies, Domed Medizintechnik, Instruct AG, CS Medizintechnik, Medical Services Group
His research interests span the fields of monitoring microcirculation in patients, high altitude physiology and space medicine. Principle Investigator in DFG Transregio project Xenotransplantation.
Prof. Christ was co-organiser of the various training programmes of the Harvard Munich Alliance for Medical Education as well as Student Exchange Programmes (USMEE, Final Year Rotations) and Co-organiser and author of a case based interactive training for postgraduate residence in anaesthesiology.
Prof. Christ’s personal interests are rowing and sailing.